Terms & Conditions of Contract
A non-refundable session fee is due when booking your portrait session. Remaining balance due one week prior to your session. I understand that the session fee reserves the photography session date/time and covers time and talent of the photographer, equipment costs, post-production editing, color correction, and retouching. The session fee does not include digital images, prints, or products.
All payments are non-refundable. If an emergency arises and the client needs to cancel, the session fee is transferable to another date within 3 months of the original date.
I, the client, understand that the deposit fee is non-refundable and reserves the time and date of the session and does not include any digital images.
I understand that the remaining balance agreed upon when your session was booked will be collected a week before the time of the session.
The client may make unlimited purchases from the digital album and may share the digital link to the album with family and friends as desired for viewing and purchasing.
The online gallery will be available for 90 days and extensions of the gallery will incur a convenience fee of $30 per extension.
Images are not to be edited or altered in any manner by any person or company other than Carly Greeson, which includes applying Instagram filters or any app or program that provides edits and filters to images. Print release for high resolution digital images is for personal use only. Images cannot be used for competition or editorial purposes, but are able to be used on the client's website/blogs to advertise for services.
All credit for photographs must be given to Carly Greeson Photography on social media and website. Clients must either credit the photo being used on any social media avenue with "Carly Greeson Photography" (and link to her business page or personal page) or place a link to "www.carlygreesonphotography.com in the caption." The copyright and original files remain the sole property of Carly Greeson.
Basic and necessary edits will be performed at the discretion of the photographer. Any requests above what is presented in the online viewing gallery will be billed at $30/hour, one hour is minimum and required. This may include things such as extensive blemish or scar removal, head swapping, body-slimming, etc.
Artistic approach to sessions - It is the client's responsibility of the client to peruse the work of Carly Greeson's body of work and know that future sessions will be in line with this artistic style. This includes sun flare, soft focus and other unique elements of photography. In focus images are always a priority and are always delivered to the client, however softer focus, or intentionally out of focus images may be included in the finished gallery. These images are purposeful and intentional and tell part of a story.
If the client is more than 45 minutes late to the session time agreed-upon, the client forfeits the retainer and it becomes nonrefundable and nontransferable at that time.
Please Note: It is the parent's responsibility to have met their child's needs and bring them rested, with full bellies to the session. All children will be photographed as they are with an effort to bring out their happiest side. In the event subjects are uncooperative or unwilling to act as parents want them to, Carly will photograph in a more natural, less directed nature.
1. PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION ORDER: This signed contract constitutes an order for photography in the form of high-resolution digital images and/or prints. There are no oral or other agreements of the parties hereto, and this contract constitutes full and complete understanding and agreement between the Client and Photographer.
2. LOCATION COST & FEES: If there are any costs/fees associated with the location the client has chosen for their session, you, the client, will be responsible for those fees. The photographer will not guarantee or arrange payment on any location. Creative fee covers travel within 30 miles of Temple, TX (76502). Any location outside of these limits will be subject to an additional charge of $0.50/mile as part of the agreement.
3. LIMIT OF LIABILITY: Although care will be taken with all equipment and digital images, the Photographer limits any liability for loss, damage, or failure to deliver photographs for any reason of photographer's non-performance caused by any force or similar circumstances, illness, accident, weather, lost mail or any cause beyond their control. In any event, the limit of Photographer's liability shall not exceed the contract price stated herein.
4. EXCLUSIVE PHOTOGRAPHER: It is understood that no other photographer, amateur or professional, shall be allowed to photograph at the session near the Photographer while she is working due to reasons of the photographer delivering the quality of images as expected. Any breach of this agreement (including iPhone photography) can constitute a reason for non-completion of the job with no liability to the Photographer.
5. OWNERSHIP OF FILES: It is agreed that dual ownership of the purchased digital files will be maintained by the Client and the Photographer. Upon delivery of the digital files to Client's physical control, the client shall gain personal non-commercial rights to the purchased images. It is also agreed that the Photographer will have full rights to use all images for advertising purposes. The Photographer does NOT guarantee archival of the digital files past a period of six months after the session/event date and will not be held responsible if loss occurs as per section 1.
6. DISPLAY OR PROMOTION: It is agreed that the Photographer may display and use photographs from session/event for web site and internet promotion, and any other non-commercial purposes thought proper by the Photographer unless payment of exclusivity fee is received.
7. GUARANTEED DELIVERY: Photographer agrees to have a proofing gallery complete within 3 weeks of the photo session date.
9. EMPLOYMENT: This contract is not to be construed as an employment agreement in any way. The Photographer functions as an independent contractor.